16 jQuery Map Plugins
Collection of free jQuery map plugins. Data, vector and Google maps.
- 1569 stars
- 102 watchers
JQVMap is a jQuery plugin that renders Vector Maps. It uses resizable Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) for modern browsers like Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera and Internet Explorer 9.
- 1131 stars
- 80 watchers
jVectorMap is a vector-based, cross-browser and cross-platform component for interactive geography-related data visualization on the web. It provides numerious features like smooth zooming and panning, fully-customizable styling, markers, labels and tooltips.
- 995 stars
- 66 watchers
Helps you to embed Google Maps into your website, quickly create markers and controls menu for the locations on map.
- 865 stars
- 53 watchers
For example, with Mapael, you can display a map of the world with clickable countries. You can also build simple dataviz by setting some parameters in order to automatically set a color depending on a value to each area of your map and display the associated legend. Moreover, you can plot cities on the map with circles, squares or images by their latitude and longitude.Features
- based on jQuery and raphael.js. And optionally based on jQuery mousewheel for the zoom on mousewheel feature
- interactive: set href, tooltip, add events and many more on the elements of your map
- plottable cities Cities can be plotted on the map with circles, squares, images or SVG paths by their latitude and longitude
- areas and plotted points colorization with legends: Mapael automatically sets attributes like color and size to each area and plotted point displayed on map and generates an interactive legend in order to build pretty dataviz
- links between cities: you can draw links between the cities of the map. Easy to add new maps. Build your own maps based on SVG paths
- SEO-friendly: an alternative content can be set for non-JS users and web crawlers
- resizable: maps are easily resizable
- zoom: zoom and panning abilities (also on mobile devices)
- 648 stars
- 65 watchers
gmap3 is a plugin for jQuery which allows you to use the Google maps API easily.Features
- less than 10kb minified
- Google Maps syntax
- no limitation of the Google Maps API
- 347 stars
- 31 watchers
Snazzy Info Window
- responsive sizing: the info window will size properly for a variety of screen and map sizes
- custom styling: 1. customize the border radius, shadow, background color, border, and much more 2. supports SCSS styling.
- dynamic content: supports dynamic content after initialization with proper resizing
- multiple placements: place the info window to the top, bottom, right, or left of the marker
- 332 stars
- 21 watchers
JQuery Location Picker Plugin
- 211 stars
- 19 watchers
jMapping - Google Maps jQuery Plugin
jQuery plugin for creating Google Maps from semantic markup.
- 205 stars
- 21 watchers
gMap is a lightweight jQuery plugin that helps you embed Google Maps into your website. With less than 2 KB in size (minified and gzipped) it is very flexible and highly customizable.
- 177 stars
- 14 watchers
Typeahead Address Picker
Address picker built with typeahead autocomplete from Twitter.
- 97 stars
- 16 watchers
Google Maps & Places jQuery plugin.Features
- UI for users to "select" a place (you get a callback detailing what they picked)
- UI for adding "custom" places
- support for firing a map up full-window (without having to create a DIV on the page)
- add searching to the map
- add/Edit and update your own "custom places" (i.e. not those in the Google Places API doesn't know about, but you do)
- works with multiple maps on the same page
- 85 stars
- 9 watchers
A jQuery plugin to list and show nearby places around a certain position using Google Maps.
- 79 stars
- 10 watchers
Scroll-driven story map, with point markers and narrative text in GeoJSON, using Leaflet and jQuery.Features
- scroll-driven navigation, using screen swipe, trackpad, or keyboard down-arrow. Initial map displays all point markers
- viewers can pan and zoom the map independently of the narration, or click on any point to go directly to that chapter
- easy-to-learn template to create your own storymap. Upload text, point coordinates, zoom levels, and image links to a CSV generic spreadsheet, and drag into http://geojson.io to create a GeoJSON data file
- images can be stored in local subfolder or pulled from an external URL
- works in modern browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 9+
- accessible tested using the WAVE and aXe tools
- 67 stars
- 7 watchers
Geolocation Marker for Google Maps API v3
- 49 stars
- 9 watchers
An easy way to embed google maps in your site.Features
- customizable google maps (dimensions, zoom level, terrain type, etc)
- multiple markers with text and custom icons
- events to handle markers and routes (show, show_all, hide, hide_all)
- 20 stars
- 1 watchers
useful.photomap.js: Photo Map
Plots the GPS data of the photos in a slideshow on a map.